[GNC] Advanced Portfolio Report

Wm Tarr wm at ilipsis.net
Sat Jul 4 08:37:55 EDT 2026


On 2026-07-04 13:00, rsbrux via gnucash-user wrote:
> Thanks for the tip about the Investment Lots report. I am not subject
> to capital gains tax, and have therefore not bothered to record
> securities transactions in lots. I do record when and at what price
> shares are purchased and/or sold, so the needed data should be
> available, but it looks like too much work to go back and reconfigure
> all securities transactions to use GC's lots features.
Not really much work.  Go into the securities account and choose Actions 
 > View lots > Scrub account.  It'll do FIFO lots, after that you just 
scrub the account after each transaction or whenever you want to report 
gains/losses which isn't much work at all.  Try it out on a copy of your 
data first to see what it does. BTW, I don't care about CGT either (all 
my investments are in UK SIPP and ISA accounts) but I do like having 
Realised Gain/Loss figures in my Income Statement, etc.
> I see that there is also an "Experimental" "IFRS weighted average cost
> basis report", but I can't get it to diplay any values for most of the
> columns (e.g. "purchase-val" or "purchase-cost", so perhaps it also
> depends on setting up securities transactions in lots.

I don't use that, perhaps someone else can help.

Wm




More information about the gnucash-user mailing list