[GNC] Fw: Help - Re: Gnucash Crash when Paying invoices
J. Richard Herbert
rherbert at caid.ca
Tue Jul 7 19:11:56 EDT 2026
Thanks David.
That has my reports back and I can see where I need to go in and edit
for my 2 stub voucher checks so they will print appropriately.
But, I am having trouble with stylesheets. I swap out for my older
stylesheets-2.0 and after I open Gnucash, the contents of the
stylesheets-2.0 reverts back to default (?) as it was with the new install.
Suggestions??
Thanks, Richard
On 7/7/26 16:47, David H wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> On Ubuntu all my Flatpak files including saved reports etc are in
> home/.var/app/org.gnucash.GnuCash/data/gnucash - see attached
> screenshot. If you have Gnucash open and click Help >> About it
> displays all relevant folder locations as clickable links. Click on
> the first entry (GNC_DATA_HOME) to go straight to where it expects to
> find your files in Files explorer.
>
> My understanding is that you can have both the Distribution and
> Flatpak versions installed without issue so you could conceivably open
> both Gnucash versions, being careful not to make any changes in
> either, and click the GNC_DATA_HOME link in each which will open the
> folder in Files and then you could just copy the relevant files from
> the usual Distribution folder to the Flatpak version folder?
>
> I usually just keep my actual data file in the documents folder on
> Ubuntu - /home/<user name>/Documents/GnuCash/Data
>
> Cheers David H.
>
> On Wed, 8 Jul 2026 at 05:50, J. Richard Herbert <rherbert at caid.ca> wrote:
>
> It appears that updating from 5.13 to 5.16 using flatpak to get
> around a
> glitch in 5.13 that was still in the openSUSE Tumbleweed
> repository has
> its draw backs even though I have gone to .config and .local to
> put in
> my previous files. My stylesheets, reports and custom checks are
> not there.
>
> Is it possible for my to retrieve these somehow or do I need to get
> those going from scratch? I will do which ever gets me there.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Richard
>
> On 7/7/26 06:13, J. Richard Herbert wrote:
> > Thanks David.
> >
> > Are there any problems with pulling in previous .local and .config
> > files from 5.13 into 5.16?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Richard
> >
> > On 7/6/26 22:21, David Cousens wrote:
> >> Richard,
> >>
> >> the user configuration data is stored in
> >> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations. Try the
> diagrams
> >> about half way down the page for an easier to understand
> locations .
> >>
> >> The flatpak locations are also given on that page.
> >>
> >> David C
> >> n Mon, 2026-07-06 at 22:06 -0400, J. Richard Herbert wrote:
> >>> Hi David,
> >>>
> >>> Thanks, that worked and I have a function 5.16, *but* I lost
> my style
> >>> sheets, cheques/invoices/statements configurations, and reports. I
> >>> have
> >>> back-ups with borgbackup and can bring those back. Where am I
> looking
> >>> for all of those in my back-up?
> >>>
> >>> Thanks again
> >>>
> >>> Richard
> >>>
> >>> On 7/6/26 20:41, David H wrote:
> >>>> If the version of Gnucash provided by your distribution is
> outdated
> >>>> you can use the flatpak version which is what I use on Linux
> as it
> >>>> is
> >>>> updated with every new release, details at
> >>>> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Flatpak
> >>>>
> >>>> Or build it yourself on Linux, details at
> >>>> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building
> >>>>
> >>>> Cheers David H.
> >>>>
> >>>> On Tue, 7 Jul 2026 at 08:36, J. Richard Herbert
> <rherbert at caid.ca>
> >>>> wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>> Hi,
> >>>>
> >>>> Gnucash in Opensuse Tumbleweed src-oss is still 5.13
> with the
> >>>> inability
> >>>> to pay invoices due to Gnucash crashing. The
> recommendation I
> >>>> received
> >>>> was (and thank you):
> >>>>
> >>>> "I suspect this is a known issue introduced in 5.13. To
> >>>> confirm you
> >>>> may revert to 5.12 or update to a more recent version."
> >>>>
> >>>> I asked where I could get 5.12 for openSUSE Tumbleweed.
> I have
> >>>> not
> >>>> seen
> >>>> a response (I might have missed it). I checked out Gnucash
> >>>> downloads and
> >>>> there is no downloadable version for openSUSE Tumbleweed. I
> >>>> need to
> >>>> finish off books for 2025-26 and file.
> >>>>
> >>>> Where can I get an older (5.12) or newer (5.15) version of
> >>>> Gnucash
> >>>> with
> >>>> dependancies for openSUSE Tumbleweed?
> >>>>
> >>>> Thanks in advance,
> >>>>
> >>>> Richard
> >>>>
> >>>> Richard G. Herbert
> >>>>
> >>> _______________________________________________
> >>> gnucash-user mailing list
> >>> gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> >>> To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
> >>> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
> >>> -----
> >>> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> >>> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
> _______________________________________________
> gnucash-user mailing list
> gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
> -----
> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
>
More information about the gnucash-user
mailing list