[GNC] Access problems fetching shares prices from, Australian Stock Exchange

Bruce Schuck bschuck at asgard-systems.com
Sun Jul 12 14:25:09 EDT 2026


On 07/12/2026, at 10:35:52 +1000, Peter Lamb wrote:


> In my original post I said that I'd run sudo gnc-fq-update - it was what
> changed the Get Quotes behaviour of Gnucash 5.16 from hanging to giving
> the error messages that I've described.


If you want to test F::Q completely independent of GnuCash, you can use 
the example stockdump.pl script that is included in the tarball from 
CPAN. Or directly from the F::Q Github repository.



cd /tmp

wget 
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/finance-quote/finance-quote/refs/heads/master/Examples/stockdump.pl

--2026-07-12 11:16:27-- 
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/finance-quote/finance-quote/refs/heads/master/Examples/stockdump.pl
Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)... 
2606:50c0:8002::154, 2606:50c0:8000::154, 2606:50c0:8003::154, ...
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com 
(raw.githubusercontent.com)|2606:50c0:8002::154|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 500 [text/plain]
Saving to: ‘stockdump.pl’

stockdump.pl        100%[===================>]     500  --.-KB/s    in 
0s

2026-07-12 11:16:28 (19.2 MB/s) - ‘stockdump.pl’ saved [500/500]


perl stockdump.pl asx QAN
$VAR1 = {
           'QANtype' => 1,
           'QANbid' => '10.33',
           'QANvolume' => 3729869,
           'QANask' => '10.43',
           'QANerrormsg' => '',
           'QANsuccess' => 1,
           'QANnet' => '0.0199999999999996',
           'QANcurrency' => 'AUD',
           'QANsymbol' => 'QAN',
           'QANprice' => '10.41',
           'QANmethod' => 'asx',
           'QANlast' => '10.41',
           'QANp_change' => '0.192492781520689',
           'QANname' => 'QANTAS AIRWAYS LIMITED'
         };


I hope this helps.

Bruce S.


More information about the gnucash-user mailing list