[GNC] Payroll - basic

J. Richard Herbert rherbert at caid.ca
Thu Jul 16 14:05:11 EDT 2026


Hi,

I have no doubt that you have been asked about payroll on numerous 
occasions, but I need to ask. I have done payroll way back with quicken 
and remember how to set up accounts to hold taxes and income tax ... not 
trouble for me.

The thing is, I notices that employees cannot be used to create a bill. 
However, a voucher is there and with a basic test, I do not see a 
problem with using the voucher for payroll and then writing a check to 
pay the payable. I cannot help but feel this all seems a bit too 
straight forward.

Can I use a voucher to enter payroll and be able to print a "pay stub" 
for the employee??? Print options allow me to exchange "voucher" on the 
top left of the print report to "Payroll".

Will this work??

Thanks in advance, Richard



More information about the gnucash-user mailing list