[GNC] Help getting online prices

Wm Tarr wm at ilipsis.net
Mon Jul 20 05:23:17 EDT 2026


It looks like ftfunds now requires a ":GBP" or ":GBX" suffix after the ISIN

e.g.

BlackRock Consensus 85 Fund A Acc, GB00B8D7RH96:GBP summary - FT.com 
<https://markets.ft.com/data/funds/tearsheet/summary?s=GB00B8D7RH96:GBP>

for Rich's fund.

Wm


On 2026-07-19 13:07, Wm Tarr wrote:
> I'm in the same boat.  ukfunds (which tries more than one source) 
> stopped working on the morning of Friday 2026-07-17 for me having 
> worked the previous morning, the point is I don't know which specific 
> quote source was working before but I'll guess it was ftfunds based on 
> your message below.  None of
>
> morningstaruk ftfunds mstaruk ukfunds
>
> are producing prices when run from a script.  My guess is ftfunds 
> can't be scraped any more.
>
> yahoo_json yahoojson yahooweb
>
> need yahoo's code.  Unfortunately yahoo gives incorrect prices for my 
> UK Funds and I can't find your fund class on Y! finance at all.
>
> Wm
>
> On 2026-07-19 10:53, Rich Stanton wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got online prices before with no problems, but recently it's 
>> begun failing and I can't work out how to fix it. I have BlackRock 
>> Consensus 85 Fund D Acc set up with symbol GB00B8D7RH96, using 
>> Financial Times GB as the quote source. However for the past few days 
>> it's given me the error '403 forbidden' when updating prices. I tried 
>> switching to Yahoo (which required adding .L to the end of the code) 
>> but that returns a price of 0. Using motleyfool gave 'quote returned 
>> no data and no set error' while morningstaruk returned 'failed to 
>> retrieve fund data'.
>>
>> I've updated gnucash to 5.16 and rerun the installation of 
>> finance::quote which says that everything is up-to-date.
>>
>> Any ideas where I go next?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> _______________________________________________
>> gnucash-user mailing list
>> gnucash-user at gnucash.org
>> To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
>> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
>> -----
>> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
>> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
> _______________________________________________
> gnucash-user mailing list
> gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
> -----
> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.


More information about the gnucash-user mailing list