[GNC] Fwd: Access problems fetching shares prices from, Australian Stock Exchange

Peter Lamb peter_lamb2001 at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 21 20:18:20 EDT 2026


I forgot to copy to the list:

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [GNC] Access problems fetching shares prices from, 
Australian Stock Exchange
Date: 	Mon, 20 Jul 2026 17:26:05 +1000
From: 	Peter Lamb <peter_lamb2001 at yahoo.com.au>
To: 	Kalpesh Patel <kalpesh.patel at usa.net>



Hi, Kalpesh, thanks for the suggestion.

On 15/7/2026 07:34, Kalpesh Patel wrote:
> If you are sure that OpenSSL is properly installed (not just 
> statically linked ‘openssl’ binary but it includes all headers and the 
> library modules that goes with those headers), then see this article 
> that directly pertains to your dilemma:

The best evidence that I have that OpenSSL is installed correctly is 
that the Finance::Quote and the Perl and other libraries that it uses 
worked just fine on earlier Gnucash versions until it hung when I 
installed 5.16 for Intel Mac. My subsequent cpan update of F::Q stopped 
the hanging, but I get the errors from F::Q (but originating in the SSL 
layers) instead.

The link points do discussion of OpenSSL being installedon a Mac from 
its distribution page, rather than simply using the one that is a native 
part of the macOS installation, which is what I have.

Cheers,
Peter


More information about the gnucash-user mailing list