[GNC] Stock sell/buy

Wm Tarr wm at ilipsis.net
Sat Jul 25 07:19:14 EDT 2026


On 2026-07-25 12:01, Fred Tydeman wrote:
>
>
> On Sat, Jul 25, 2026 at 5:01 PM Wm Tarr <wm at ilipsis.net> wrote:
>
>     1. I don't think you are meant to do that, e.g. the Stock
>     Assistant won't allow it.
>
>     2. Having said that I think there might be a bug.
>
>     2a. do you have Trading a/c's on or off?
>
>     2b. did you use Transfer to create the tx or do them by hand?  Or
>     perhaps a mix and match since you got different results initially?
>
>
> Trading accounts is ON.
> I did all of those transactions by hand.
> I did not use Transfer or Stock Assistant.
>
Did the real life transactions not go through a cash/bank account at all 
or are trying to save yourself some work?

I've a niggling feeling doing the transactions this way is going to make 
the Portfolio reports or lots or something else break, i.e. saving 
yourself the "into cash, out of cash" step now might cause bigger 
problems later that may involve undoing them anyway.

I wondering now if the bug is that you can do this at all rather than 
that it isn't prompting for the quantity on the second leg or similar.

Wm



More information about the gnucash-user mailing list