[GNC] Budget Chart crashes 5.16 on Win 10
Wm Tarr
wm at ilipsis.net
Mon Jul 27 10:08:12 EDT 2026
In case anyone gets stuck with a similar problem in the future remember
to try running the report from the command line.
e.g.
gnucash-cli.exe --report run --name="Budget Chart"
--output-file=aBudgetChart.html Wm.gnc3
Wm
On 2026-07-27 12:15, Wm Tarr wrote:
>
> On 2026-07-27 11:53, Wm Tarr wrote:
>>
>> On 2026-07-26 07:27, Wm Tarr wrote:
>>> Version 5.16
>>>
>>> Windows 10
>>>
>>> Reports / Budget / Budget Chart reliably crashes gnc on my main
>>> book. On an almost empty test book it works.
>>>
>>> It displays the chart and I have time to get the options on the
>>> screen before it crashes. My guess is it is running out of something.
>>>
>>> Would other people who have budgets try running the Budget Chart to
>>> see if it works for them?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>> Normally gnc consumes < 300MB of memory and very little CPU. When
>> trying to run the Budget Chart memory goes over 1,100MB and CPU is
>> constantly over 20% until it crashes or I terminate it. If I can get
>> the Options for the report up in time it settles on (Not Responding)
>> until terminated.
>>
> More clues: if I reduce the size of the gnc window (i.e. not
> fullscreen as I usually have it) I can get a bit further and get this
> error message
>
> ===
>
> Report error
>
> An error occurred while running the report.
>
> Report Budget Chart failed to generate html: Exception thrown while
> printing backtrace:
> In procedure display-backtrace: Wrong type argument in position 1
> (expecting stack): #f
>
> Out of memory
>
> ===
>
> The system itself has plenty of free memory so it isn't the system
> that is running out.
>
> Wm
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> gnucash-user mailing list
> gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
> -----
> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
More information about the gnucash-user
mailing list