[GNC] Payroll - basic

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Jul 27 17:14:54 EDT 2026


I don't use the checks feature, and perhaps indeed it won't work for you 
the way you need, but what happens if you select the transaction and 
choose File > Print Checks...?

You could do a test output to file (say, PDF) to examine the results.

I just did this for a cash account transaction and it created a document 
as if the transaction were a check.

While I use the Business Features, this transaction wasn't involving 
them at all.

In short, you should theoretically be able to print any transaction in 
any account as a 'check'.

Regards,
Adrien

On 7/25/26 2:13 PM, J. Richard Herbert wrote:
> Still, your suggestion relies on being able to print a check for a bank 
> account entry (with splits) that does not have a vendor bill. Can I do 
> that with v. 5.16.



More information about the gnucash-user mailing list