[GNC] Need income and expense report for all customers with account breakout

Jediator jediator at artemisspace.com
Tue Jul 28 11:40:36 EDT 2026


Sorry I thought your income and expense accounts were tailored to 
individual customers.  I don't believe GC has a built-in mechanism to 
track transactions by customers or jobs at this point.  One way would be 
to make some customer-specific remarks every time you make an 
income/expense transactions (e.g., using the memo/note/num field), so 
you can create a transaction report using a customer-specific filter, 
then include those transaction reports in the multi-column report.  
Again, these will be done manually,  but you only need to do this once.  
Once the reports saved, you can use them again directly in the future, 
assuming the reporting time frame is set dynamically to your accounting 
period, instead of hardwired to specific dates.

-- ND

On 7/28/26 10:08 AM, Neil Aggarwal wrote:
>> I believe you can do this in two steps:  1) create an P&L report (under
>> Income &
>> Expense report menu) first for each customer by selecting relevant
>> accounts and
>> save the reports; 2) create a Multicolumn report by adding the individual
> When I go to Reports > Income & Expense > Profit & Loss, I do not
> see a way to restrict it to a single customer.  I went through the options
> and did not see anything.
>
> It seems like this solution is manual.  I have a lot of customers so I
> need something which does not require me to do it manually.
>
> Thank you,
>    Neil
>
> --
> Neil Aggarwal, (972) 834-1565, https://propfinancing.com
> We offer 30 year loans on single family houses!
> _______________________________________________
> gnucash-user mailing list
> gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
> -----
> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.



More information about the gnucash-user mailing list