[GNC] Best way to track expenses for trips

Kalpesh Patel kalpesh.patel at usa.net
Thu Jul 30 14:55:22 EDT 2026


Because trip is over multiple days, versus transaction date which can be only one specific date. 

I want to keep it KISS -- provide one thing and should get me everything about that specific trip down the road ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> 
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2026 1:38 PM
To: gnucash-user at lists.gnucash.org
Subject: Re: [GNC] Best way to track expenses for trips

Why are you using Notes for the date of a trip when the transactions already have dates?

Example?

Regards,
Adrien

On 7/29/26 4:52 AM, Kalpesh Patel wrote:
> Using Options > Filter > Transaction Filter is likely the way.
> 
> My boat would float a lot better if I can use combo of Descriptions (live it alone since I let import clobber it), Notes (date range of trip) and Memos (location of trip). Is that possible or is the filtering looks at only a single field in totality?





More information about the gnucash-user mailing list