[GNC] Best way to track expenses for trips
Kalpesh Patel
kalpesh.patel at usa.net
Thu Jul 30 15:02:15 EDT 2026
Yes, it for more than one person.
I am leaning your way like 'Chicago - June' but I might add a year to it and most likely in notes rather than in memo field ...
-----Original Message-----
From: Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net>
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2026 1:47 PM
To: gnucash-user at lists.gnucash.org
Subject: Re: [GNC] Best way to track expenses for trips
And one more follow up:
Why is the location in the split Memos?
Can you have a single transaction paying for two different trips to two different places taking place on the same date? (is this for more than one person?)
Otherwise, I'd just put the location in the Notes and if you want something not an exact date to pair with it like 'Chicago - June'. I use memos only for information specific to that individual split, stuff for the entire transaction, I put in Notes.
Regards,
Adrien
On 7/29/26 4:52 AM, Kalpesh Patel wrote:
> Using Options > Filter > Transaction Filter is likely the way.
>
> My boat would float a lot better if I can use combo of Descriptions (live it alone since I let import clobber it), Notes (date range of trip) and Memos (location of trip). Is that possible or is the filtering looks at only a single field in totality?
More information about the gnucash-user
mailing list