[GNC] Autosave question

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Thu Oct 1 14:28:58 EDT 2026


I'm still using a built-from-source 4.14, and the auto-save does in fact save 
the file.

At Thu, 01 Oct 2026 21:42:17 +0530 "David T." <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> 
> I don't use this feature, but the documentation very clearly states:
> 
> "Auto-save time interval: This field sets the number of minutes between each automatic saving of the file. Set to 0 to disable the auto-save feature."
> 
> This (and the name of the preference) would strongly suggest that the feature is supposed to, ahem, *save* the file in question, and not just toss up a reminder. 
> 
> But, I'm sure I've misread things. 
> 
> David T. 
> 
> On October 1, 2026 8:50:27 PM GMT+05:30, David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >iirc, auto save is only a reminder, not an action.  However, you should be
> >able to import transactions entered after the last manual save using the
> >replay logs feature.
> >
> >On Thu, Oct 1, 2026 at 7:56 AM scum buster via gnucash-user <
> >gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
> >
> >> I have my gnucash set to autosave every 5 minutes.....
> >>
> >> However, I have found that if I leave it running and unattended, if I
> >> did not manually click "save" in whatever account I am working in, if
> >> windows does a forced restart, I lose whatever transactions I did since
> >> the last save.
> >>
> >> I try and remember every time to click "save"... but sometimes I guess I
> >> still forget.
> >>
> >> Why isnt the auto-save function working though?
> >>
> >> Version: 5.10
> >> Build ID: 5.10+(2024-12-14)
> >>
> >> Thanks folks
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
> >> www.avast.com
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> gnucash-user mailing list
> >> gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> >> To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
> >> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
> >> -----
> >> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> >> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
> >>
> >
> >
> >-- 
> >David Carlson
> >_______________________________________________
> >gnucash-user mailing list
> >gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> >To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
> >https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
> >-----
> >Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> >You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
> _______________________________________________
> gnucash-user mailing list
> gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
> -----
> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
> 
> 

-- 
Robert Heller             -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364
Deepwoods Software        -- Custom Software Services
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Linux Administration Services
heller at deepsoft.com       -- Webhosting Services
                               


More information about the gnucash-user mailing list