[GNC] empty transactions

David H hellvee at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 13:16:17 EDT 2026


Yeah I use empty transactions generally for the next monthly account
statement due date in various accounts although I do create them with a
description of "Next Statement End Date" - easy to bump it forward to the
next month using the "]" key in the date field :-)

Cheers David H.

On Sat, 5 Sept 2026 at 01:59, Maf. King <maf at chilwell.net> wrote:

> On Friday, 4 September 2026 16:34:09 BST Marty Landman wrote:
> > Out of curiosity, since I am neither an accountant nor a bookkeeper. Is
> > there a valid reason that someone might want to enter such a transaction?
> >
>
>
> Yes.
>
> Some sort of memo or reminder that is not a real transaction in that there
> is
> no actual transfer of money etc.
>
> I put a **CLOSED** in things like old credit card accounts once the
> institution actually kills the account.  (which is on a different date
> than my
> final payment)
>
> I'm sure others have their own ideas!
>
> 0.02
> Maf.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> gnucash-user mailing list
> gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
> -----
> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
>


More information about the gnucash-user mailing list