[GNC] empty transactions

Patrick James patrickjames14 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 4 18:52:17 EDT 2026


There are many, but "continue to press <TAB>" is not one I can replicate.

I get a window to confirm the changes.

"Save the changed transaction?
The current transaction has been changed. Would you like to record
the changes before moving to a new transaction, discard the
changes, or return to the changed transaction?"

My process/setup is probably slightly different.


> On 09/04/2026 2:24 PM PDT Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:
> 
>  
> On Fri, 4 Sep 2026 12:26:02 -0700 (PDT)
> Patrick James via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
> 
> > That may be what it says in the manual, but it does NOT always work
> > as suggested in the manual.
> > 
> > Maybe I'll document a few situations where the commit happens without
> > the ENTER key being pressed.
> 
> If you continue to press <Tab> the transaction is committed after you
> run out of fields in the transaction you are working on and you Tab
> into the next transaction
> 
> 
> Liz


More information about the gnucash-user mailing list