[GNC] Issue posting vendor bill with non-US dollar book

Yazad Khambata yazad3 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 13:55:05 EDT 2026


Hi Folks,

Thank you for creating this vibrant community. Just started using GNUCash
for by business.

The issue: When building a non-US currency book, I am unable to "Post" a
Vendor bill.

Steps to recreate:

OS: Ubuntu 26.04.1 LTS.
GNUCash version: 5.16

1. If I created the books and selected say CAD (Canadian dollars) as the
currency during the books in the setup wizard.

2. Create a Vendor

3. Create a Job

4. Create a Bill selecting the vendor and the job.

5. Add a few sample entries in the bill

6. Press the Post button.

7. Observe the issue - the "Post to Account" dropdown which usually auto
selects "A/Payable" is now empty and nothing to select. See screenshot 1.

8. Related issue - I tried to press the "New" button next to "Post to
Account" - there the "Account Type" originally shows "A/Payable" (see
screenshot 2) but as soon as I select a parent account for the new account
(irrespective of the currency) the Account Type blanks out with no options
(see screenshot 3).

9. Counter example, if during the setup wizard I leave the currency to USD
I am able to "Post" the bill following the above steps.

Not sure if I am missing something. Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Yazad
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: GnuCash-Screenshot1.png
Type: image/png
Size: 71353 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/attachments/20260917/cc23964f/attachment-0003.png>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: GNUCash-Screenshot2.png
Type: image/png
Size: 135559 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/attachments/20260917/cc23964f/attachment-0004.png>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: GNUCash-Screenshot3.png
Type: image/png
Size: 197665 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/attachments/20260917/cc23964f/attachment-0005.png>


More information about the gnucash-user mailing list