[GNC] Issue posting vendor bill with non-US dollar book
Liz
edodd at billiau.net
Wed Sep 23 16:58:07 EDT 2026
On Wed, 23 Sep 2026 10:43:41 -0700
Yazad Khambata <yazad3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes everything in my books is expected to be in CAD. The issue was
> despite choosing CAD as the currency during the book's setup, when I
> create a new vendor, it was setting the vendor's default currency to
> USD. This wasn't obvious at first since the currency info is on a
> separate "Payment Information" tab of the "New Vendor" dialog. Added
> a screenshot to show this. My books are for CAD but the new vendor is
> selecting USD by default and if this is not corrected, it prevents
> posting the bills from said vendor.
>
> Hoping this demonstrates the issue. I am no longer blocked since I
> discovered that the currency needed to be fixed with each new vendor I
> create.
>
> I am suspecting on possible issue could be that the locale on my
> system is US but I am working on books for Canada. Which is why I
> feel despite me setting the default currency as USD the Vendor flow
> is not respecting the choice and probably defaulting to the system
> locale. This is just a hunch.
>
> Regards,
> Yazad
My computer locale is AU. My Gnucash install is in AU.
I created a new book for a new entity and then I had a new customer created in USD.
All my dealings are in AUD, and I couldn't make an invoice.
Liz
More information about the gnucash-user
mailing list