AutoCompletion in Register and Cyrillic symbols

Alexey Kakunin small@arcadia.spb.ru
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 12:42:31 +0400

Hi!
I have downloaded gnucash 1.4.5 and try it.
It works fine, but I found one problem: autocompletion (quickfill) in register
window works incorrectly with rusian symbols (cyrillic).
After some hacking I found the problem - so I send my patch as attachment (it
is very simple :o))

Also, I have some question and tips:

1) Currency - GnuCash allows users to use different currency in different
accaunts. It is very fine for me, because I usually use two (US Dollars and Russian
Roubles).
But I can not make convertion between accaunts (send some money from USD
accaunt to RUR accaunt).
Also, in the total profits and assets (in main window) gnucash just adds values
from different accaunts independing from currency used with it (but 1 USD is
not 1 RUR, it is 28 RUR!)
So, for me the currency support is not usable yet. :o( Have anybody any plans
to improve support for different currencies?

2) I think, it is very usefull to have the types of transactions (with
subtypes) like:
Food
 - Milk
 - Lanch
 - Restraunt
 - Bear
Wear
And then I fill transaction in the register window, I can set its type.
After it, I can get report - how much money I spend to Eat or to Milk
esspecialy.
This report can show me this values in percents from common spends.

Have anybody any ideas about it?

--
Best Regards.
Alexey Kakunin, M.Sc.