AutoCompletion in Register and Cyrillic symbols

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 01:49:34 -0700

Alexey Kakunin writes:
> Hi!
> I have downloaded gnucash 1.4.5 and try it.
> It works fine, but I found one problem: autocompletion (quickfill) in registe
> window works incorrectly with rusian symbols (cyrillic).
> After some hacking I found the problem - so I send my patch as attachment (it
> is very simple :o))

Thanks, but maybe you forgot to attach the patch?
Also, could you please send all patches to 'gnucash-patches@gnucash.org'?

> Also, I have some question and tips:
>
> 1) Currency - GnuCash allows users to use different currency in different
> accaunts. It is very fine for me, because I usually use two (US Dollars and R
> ussian
> Roubles).
> But I can not make convertion between accaunts (send some money from USD
> accaunt to RUR accaunt).

Take a look at the online documentation for currency accounts.  It's a
bit complicated at the momemnt. We are planning on making this simpler
in the future.

> Also, in the total profits and assets (in main window) gnucash just adds valu
> from different accaunts independing from currency used with it (but 1 USD is
> not 1 RUR, it is 28 RUR!)
> So, for me the currency support is not usable yet. :o( Have anybody any plans
> to improve support for different currencies?

Yes, that work is ongoing. The development version of GnuCash does not
sum different currencies for the Assets and Profit display.

> 2) I think, it is very usefull to have the types of transactions (with
> subtypes) like:
> Food
>  - Milk
>  - Lanch
>  - Restraunt
>  - Bear
> Wear
> And then I fill transaction in the register window, I can set its type.
> After it, I can get report - how much money I spend to Eat or to Milk
> esspecialy.
> This report can show me this values in percents from common spends.
>
> Have anybody any ideas about it?

That's a good idea. We are working on a more flexible architecture
that would allow this to be implemented.

thanks,
dave