[Fwd: Re: New Tax report]

Richard -Gilligan- Uschold uschold@cs.ucf.edu
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 23:31:40 +0000

--------------C6886C5D58607FE865579F8E

Dave Peticolas wrote:

> Hi Richard, thanks for the patch, it is now in CVS. Also, thanks for
> updating
> the Makefile.am's, most people forget to do that :)
>
> Once we have the new XML file format, we will have the ability to
> easily add new data fields to accounts/transactions/etc. One field
> we've been planning to add is a 'tax-related' flag for accounts (and
> maybe transactions and or splits?) that you can toggle in the account
> edit window, etc. I presume you would prefer that to using a string
> in the account notes field?

Yes, that would be preferred.  We will also need a field to hold .TXF
identification information.  I havn't totally worked out exactly what
this will be yet, that is my next project.  Tax eXchange Format (TXF)
files are used to transfer data between money programs (Quicken, MYM, MS
Money) and tax programs (TaxCut, TurboTax)  If anyone has a source for
the TXF spec, I could use it.  I contacts several companies that sell
tax and money programs and have either gotten no response or they denied
they had a spec.

> Also, you mentioned a problem with dates and decrementing years.
> Were you talking about decrementing years in the GUI or in scheme
> code? If the latter, try clearing the daylight savings flag in the
> tm struct before you call mktime. You also might look at
> src/scm/date-utilities.scm for anything useful.

The problem is in the scheme code.  I was using some of the functions in
date-utilities.  There are soom notes in my tax.scm code indicating the
bug and my work aroud.  Search for "from-value" and 'to-value"

--

Gilligan            |                    __o           .oooO