gnucash 1.8 article

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
12 Dec 2002 11:21:33 -0500

lwn-gnucash@lwn.net (Jonathan Corbet) writes:

> > For the record you do have a bug in your document regarding
> > the company name in invoices.  If you go to File -> Properties
> > you can set your business name and address, and that information
> > is printed on the invoice in the upper-right corner.
>
> Also for the record, that was one of the questions I asked on the list
> before writing my article.  I was told I was welcome to submit patches to
> make it work better...I guess I misunderstood the answer...:)  Sorry, it
> certainly wasn't my wish to put out incorrect stuff.

Yes, it was, and I answered it.  Perhaps you mis-interpreted my
response to your note?  In particular, see my response at:
http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2002-December/007590.html
which appears to be the first reply to your message.  I said:

- You can set your business name via: File -> Preferences -> Business
-
- If you want more customizable invoices, please feel free to submit the
- CSS code to handle it.  I'll happily insert it into the code-base.P

Right now the level of customizability is rather low.  However, you CAN
put the company name in there.

> I'm happy, anyway; last time I wrote about gnucash people on this list got
> rather more unhappy with me...

Heh.  Well, last time you wrote stuff without "checking your facts"
with the developers.  This time you at least checked your facts but
mis-interpretted the responses.  A step in the right direction ;)