gnucash 1.8 article

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek@yahoo.com
12 Dec 2002 10:28:10 -0600

--=-pO0949cL1EhP9/fUDM0N

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 10:09, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> > For the record you do have a bug in your document regarding
> > the company name in invoices.  If you go to File -> Properties
> > you can set your business name and address, and that information
> > is printed on the invoice in the upper-right corner.
>=20
> Also for the record, that was one of the questions I asked on the list
> before writing my article.  I was told I was welcome to submit patches to
> make it work better...I guess I misunderstood the answer...:)  Sorry, it
> certainly wasn't my wish to put out incorrect stuff.
>=20
> I'm happy, anyway; last time I wrote about gnucash people on this list got
> rather more unhappy with me...

Constructive criticism is always good to have.  Your article seemed
pretty constructive.  People make mistakes, and miscommunication occurs,
which is why the words "I'm sorry" exist.  Aside from the above, I felt
your article was fairly objective and accurate.  Anything that helps
make 'alternatives' more public (in a positive manner) is welcome, warts
and all. ;)  We're aiming for world domination, but it's a domination
based on facts and objectivity, and passion about those facts.  That's a
wholly different tactic than *some* software companies we know....

1.8.0 should prove quite a bit more polished.  The guys are working
overtime on bug reports...

FTR, I plan on working on budgeting and accounting periods when I have
finished the Postgresql backend re-write (Probably early-mid January).=20
Periods would be nice, but I really really want budgeting! (but you
generally budget for a period, so periods are needed...)

--=20
Matthew Vanecek
perl -e 'print $i=3Dpack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
*****
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except=
 me.

--=-pO0949cL1EhP9/fUDM0N

--=-pO0949cL1EhP9/fUDM0N--