OFX support

Benoit Grégoire bock@step.polymtl.ca
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 23:19:55 -0500

> Unfortunately the OFX support have been languishing in the
> 'experimental' (read: non-working) state for far too long.
> It really shouldn't be too hard to write some scheme or
> even X to parse the OFX XML schema, but nobody has done it
> yet.
>
> Dontations of developer time would be greatly appreciated.
> I think most of the current developers are already busy with
> other projects.  While OFX is on my "list of things", it's
> behind the business module.

Hello everyone,

I just wanted do drop a quick note to announce that I am planing to write OFX
import support as an end of degree project (I am graduating in computer
engineering).  If my project is accepted it will be finished by the end of
June at the very latest (since I DO want my degree eventually;)

It means that I would have several hundred hours to contribute (some of wich
must go on familiarizing myself with the GnuCash codebase).  I have no
details yet on how I will implement it, since I am still reading the spec.  I
will probably base it on 1.6 of the OFX spec.  My bank is still at 1.02, and
I need some sort of test system so OFX 2.0 is out of the question for the
time being. I intend to have bank reconciliation fully functionnal, for the
rest, we will see.

I will post more details in a few weeks, midterms...

Good night,

Benoit Grégoire