What can I do to help?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
02 Oct 2002 13:04:39 -0400

Rob Browning <rlb@defaultvalue.org> writes:

> I know.  Though in the longer run, you could switch to a purely guile
> module based solution that doesn't work this way.  Bill and I have
> talked about this, but haven't come to any firm conclusion.  The
> biggest thing missing from guile modules that gnc-module has is
> versioning, but that's something I've talked (to Marius and others)
> before about adding to guile.

The versioning is nice, but honestly we're not using it yet ;)

It wouldn't bother me so much if module names were tied to file names
so we could delay the ldopen() until we actually called
gnc_load_module() But that would be a major departure from the current
module system.

I'd also like to figure out how we can stop all this incessent
cross-linking in C....  But that's for another day.