What can I do to help?

Rob Browning rlb@defaultvalue.org
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 11:52:20 -0500

Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> writes:

> This is, unfortunately, not possible given the current gnc-module
> infrastructure.  The gnc-module code links in ALL modules, regardless
> of whether you plan to load them, at init time.  So you wind up
> ldopening() EVERY module EVERY time.  Worse, this ldopen() happens
> in directory order!
>
> See the code in gnc-module.c's initialization...

I know.  Though in the longer run, you could switch to a purely guile
module based solution that doesn't work this way.  Bill and I have
talked about this, but haven't come to any firm conclusion.  The
biggest thing missing from guile modules that gnc-module has is
versioning, but that's something I've talked (to Marius and others)
before about adding to guile.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu