gnotime question

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Thu Jun 12 20:58:32 CDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 11:49:49AM -0700, Richard Schilling was heard to remark:
> Linas:
>
> Tried to subscribe to the gnotime discussion list on Sourceforge, but I
> don't get an e-mail confirmation message from them.  Not sure what
> happened.

Don't know; others have subscribed; however, spam has started flowing
thorugh sourceforge recently; seems like some spammer has an automatic
mailing-list subscriber.  That might explain it ....

> I just installed gnotime 2.1.6.  Still working through the install for
> the documentation.

I'm not sure there is any documentation, not really.

> In the meantime, I can' figure out how to get Gnotime to display
> projects and tasks as a tree like shown in the documentation.

Drag & drop. The arrow changes shape to indicate how it will be
inserted.  Move the mouse slowly while dragging.

There is one core dump deep in the ctre widget that happens during
drag ... its fairly rare, and happens only if you move the mouse way
too fast (i.e. by accident).

> Also, I read somewhere that GnuCash will accept and export file for
> creating invoices.  Do you have something that explains that also?

No.   I'm not sure what you're refering to;  Derek atkins added
invoicing but he hasn't discussed this with me; its easy to export
from gnotime; I can easily add any export format.  Its harder to import
into gnucash though, gnucash want s lot of info ...

> Any help would be appreciated.

--linas