Crash gnome-2

David Hampton hampton at employees.org
Mon Sep 8 16:23:49 CDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 15:51, Tony Watts wrote:
> Hi
>
> I get the following error when selecting the accounts to include from
> the druid.
>
> ** ERROR **: file gnc-tree-model-account.c: line 1172
> (gnc_tree_model_account_set_root): should not be reached
>
> David's comments says
> /*
>   * DRH - THIS FUNCTION SHOULD BE REMOVED.
>   *
>   * This function is from before the account tree view existed.  This
>   * functionality should migrate there.
>   */
>
> A quick grep gives these places where this function is still called. Is
> there a replacement function already? If so I can fix it.

Its not a simple fix.  That whole file needs to be worked over to use
the gnc_tree_view_account_xxx functions.  I left it alone because it
also defines/uses another tree model for displaying example accounts and
I didn't want to stretch too many directions at once.  It you want to
try rewriting the on_final_account_prepare function and other calls to
the account tree model to use the new gnc_tree_view_account_xxx
functions, that'd be great.  You can model after dialog-account.c or
dialog-transfer.c.

David