Crash gnome-2

David Hampton hampton at employees.org
Tue Sep 9 10:31:43 CDT 2003

Copying gnucash-devel....

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 02:12, Tony Watts wrote:
> So it is not just that function but the whole of gnc_tree_model that
> should go?

Yes.  The only place the code should access the tree model directly is
in a callback filter function.  Update your tree and read the file
src/doc/g2-architecture.txt.  You can also look at the file
GNOME2_STATUS in the top directory so see what I think still needs work.

>  It wasnt a problem before, did you just block out the code
> and insert the g_assert recently?

Yes, in my last round of commits where I converted everything else over
to use the account tree view.  I was cleaning up routines in the account
tree model, saw that one, and added the g_assert().  If the druid hadn't
had a call to the function I would have deleted it entirely.

> I will have a go with the druid hierachy file and if it is a success I
> can try and replace all other calls to the gnc_tree_model if that is
> what is required.

I think the hierarchy druid is the only problem but haven't grepped the
code again to check.  See g2-architecture.txt to see what's "legal" and
what  isn't.

David