Scheme scripting with gnucash.

Carl N.Baldwin carl at ecbaldwin.net
Wed Dec 8 22:40:57 EST 2004

Greetings,

i have been looking around for the last day or two for information
about doing different things in gnucash from a scheme script.

Here's what I would like to do.  i would like to write a scheme script
that will open my gnucash data file, get a list of accounts, get
information about transactions in an account such as date, amount,
splits, description and possibly even creating transactions.

i'm a fairly accomplished script writer but I don't know much scheme.
Four years ago or so I actually used the perl wrapper for gnucash
rather successfully but I can't seem to find information about that
anymore.  Scheme seems to be the preferred way to script in gnucash so
I would like to try that.

Would anyone be able to point me to example scripts that do simple
things like what I mentioned above?  Are there any docs?  I found a
reference in the report section of the gnucash online manual that
mentioned a file called gnc.html.  I can't find this in CVS at all.  Is
this API still supported?

Thank you for your help.
Carl Baldwin