-Werror and signedness warnings

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Jul 7 04:19:27 EDT 2005

Hi Neil,

Neil Williams schrieb:
> Has configure.in been changed while I've been away to produce more warnings
> and to upgrade those as errors during make?
>
> sixtp-to-dom-parser.c: In function 'dom_start_handler':
> sixtp-to-dom-parser.c:48: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of
> 'xmlNewNode' differ in signedness

no, configure.in has not changed, but your compiler has :-) Seriously,
gcc4 now warns about these things whereas gcc3.x didn't say a word about
it. You can get rid of this particular warning by adding
-Wno-pointer-sign to the environment variable CFLAGS before you start
configure.

This particular warnings tends to show up a *lot* in old C code. I'm
actually not quite sure whether the warning is really that important.

Christian