GnuCash now migrated to subversion

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Thu Nov 3 03:13:52 EST 2005

On Wednesday 02 November 2005 5:56 pm, Josh Sled wrote:
> The Subversion repository is now authoritative for GnuCash development.

Thanks to David, Josh and Derek for such a quick transition!

> To re-iterate, as the gnome2-branch has been merged back into the head,
> http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/trunk is the latest source and most
> appropriate for development.

I propose to create that cashutil branch that I used to test the temporary
repository - branching from gnucash/trunk. Probably cashutil-dev actually.

Anyone is welcome to help with the branch once it's in and there will be NO
requirement that this particular branch will always build. A lot of the code
is incomplete, parts are outlined but not functional and the build scripts
themselves still need some work (i.e. it doesn't build within the branch!).
I'll try and fix as much as I can today. Naturally, there would be no merges
of cashutil-dev into trunk until it builds cleanly.

I'm also going to sort out that libgoffice libgda detection - that will be
committed to trunk when it works.

Now, QOF.

Is it appropriate now to *move* QOF files into trunk/lib/libqof ?

I had a tree that built successfully that way but modified it to use existing
locations because of this CVS->SVN transition. Now we are on svn, can I move
QOF out of src/engine? The files concerned are already indicated in the
src/engine/Makefile.am.

There will be further changes in cashutil-dev/src/engine to do with sharing
the financial objects but that won't concern trunk for a while.

--

Neil Williams