GnuCash now migrated to subversion

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Nov 3 04:15:10 EST 2005

Neil Williams schrieb:
> On Wednesday 02 November 2005 5:56 pm, Josh Sled wrote:
>>The Subversion repository is now authoritative for GnuCash development.
>
> Thanks to David, Josh and Derek for such a quick transition!

Thanks also from my side again! This was a huge hurdle (better
translation: sticking point?) that always stood in front of the whole
project, but now you managed to clear it for us. Great work!

>>To re-iterate, as the gnome2-branch has been merged back into the head,
>>http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/trunk is the latest source and most
>>appropriate for development.
>
> I propose to create that cashutil branch that I used to test the temporary
> repository - branching from gnucash/trunk. Probably cashutil-dev actually.

Agreed. That's what we always talked about. Just go ahead. (I would
rather call the branch simply "cashutil", since everything in svn is for
development implicitly, but that's also a matter of taste.)

> Anyone is welcome to help with the branch once it's in (...)
> Naturally, there would be no merges
> of cashutil-dev into trunk until it builds cleanly.

Sure. That's how the development of these non-vital parts is supposed to
happen. Looking forward to seeing your branch.

> Is it appropriate now to *move* QOF files into trunk/lib/libqof ?
>
> I had a tree that built successfully that way but modified it to use existing
> locations because of this CVS->SVN transition. Now we are on svn, can I move
> QOF out of src/engine? The files concerned are already indicated in the
> src/engine/Makefile.am.

Err... I suppose the actual question is whether this should happen
before the first gnucash-2 alpha release or afterwards. And IMHO it
should probably happen *before* that, since in the long run we agree
that this move makes sense. In that case, it could as well happen in the
very near future. I would ask you to wait for another 1-2 weeks until
everyone is really hooked into the SVN access, but after that, IMHO
there's no big reason to wait for anything else.

Christian