accounts/C/acctlist_* removable?

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Nov 13 07:34:44 EST 2005

On Saturday 12 November 2005 4:41 pm, Josh Sled wrote:
> The gnucash/accounts/C/acctlist_* files are incomplete fragments, exist
> only in the default locale, are not translated, and not installed except
> in dist, and are apparently not needed for the account hierarchy to
> work.

Interesting - I always assumed they were for the account hierarchy druid -when
the user selects the checkbox and a sample tree appears in the lower widget.

So what's the difference between accounts/C/acctchrt_* and acctlist_* ?
(and why is only one version being translated?)

From my reading of io-example-account.c, it reads in all files in the example
account directory that start with <gnc-account-example> - in the C folder,
that is both the acctchrt and acctlist files.

--

Neil Williams