accounts/C/acctlist_* removable?

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sun Nov 13 09:43:41 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-13 at 12:34 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> So what's the difference between accounts/C/acctchrt_* and acctlist_* ?
> (and why is only one version being translated?)

The acctlist files seem to contain just the relevent leaf- and
intermediate-level accounts, and are inconsistent ... not all of the
guid references resolve, &c.  The acctchrt files seem to be a more
complete hierarchy.

> From my reading of io-example-account.c, it reads in all files in the example
> account directory that start with <gnc-account-example> - in the C folder,
> that is both the acctchrt and acctlist files.

Heh ... I went through the exact same reasoning yesterday, until it was
mentioned...

<andi5> one more thing: debian does not contain these files (.*list.*)
in their packages, they are used within the make target "distdir", is
this used to package a gnucash tarball, i do not know ;-) so at least
they are _not_ crucial :)

They're in the EXTRA_DIST section, and as such not installed, but still
copied for some reason.  They're obviously not needed.  I'll remove
them.

...jsled