accounts/C/acctlist_* removable?

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Sun Nov 13 09:46:40 EST 2005

Hi,

On Sunday, 13 Nov 2005, 13:34 CET, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Saturday 12 November 2005 4:41 pm, Josh Sled wrote:
> > The gnucash/accounts/C/acctlist_* files are incomplete fragments, exist
> > only in the default locale, are not translated, and not installed except
> > in dist, and are apparently not needed for the account hierarchy to
> > work.
>
> Interesting - I always assumed they were for the account hierarchy druid -when
> the user selects the checkbox and a sample tree appears in the lower widget.
>
> So what's the difference between accounts/C/acctchrt_* and acctlist_* ?
> (and why is only one version being translated?)

I do not know. Somehow they look like intermediate files from some
four year old script, but that does not matter.

> From my reading of io-example-account.c, it reads in all files in the example
> account directory that start with <gnc-account-example> - in the C folder,
> that is both the acctchrt and acctlist files.

That will probably be right, but I just look at the output of:

dpkg-deb -c gnucash-common_1.8.10-18_all.deb | grep acctlist
rpm -qpl gnucash-1.8.11-3.i386.rpm | grep acctlist
find $prefix/share/accounts/ -name 'acctlist*' (something is strange
  here, i have a broken link gnucash->../gnome, but hey, it works)

It is empty. So I really do not think they are good for anything.

-- andi5

PS: I did not take the time to study the "distdir" target in
accounts/C/Makefile :)