Can't save in r12331

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Jan 13 16:37:32 EST 2006

Hi,

Am Freitag, 13. Januar 2006 21:02 schrieben Sie:
> > gnc_engine_init: assertion `(qof_load_backend_library (QOF_LIB_DIR,
> > "libqof-backend-qsf.la", "qsf_provider_init"))' failed
>
> Aacck!  Why are we hard-coding a ".la" module suffix?  Do we not trust
> GModule to find the right library?  But, that's probably not the
> _real_ problem...

Derek had this discussion with Neil over a year ago. I had the very same
discussion (I recently checked) in October.
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2005-October/014324.html

> > Initialization failed for module gnucash/business-core-file
> >
> One thing that bugs me is that the failing to locate QOF modules
> doesn't fail more obviously and loudly.  We should basically exit(1)
> on failing to load the backend.

BTW it's almost funny that I asked to fix precisely the same thing that gets
asked again now. Quote from my posting: "can you
please additionally insert a check into the gnucash code that will check
for the correct loading of the gnc-backend-file library? ... That will make
the source of the problem much more obvious than the weird "namespace error"
messages."

Christian