Problems with custom invoice

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 20 17:30:52 EST 2006

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Chris Dennis <cgdennis at btinternet.com> writes:
>
>> Hello folks
>>
>> I've been successfully using a customised invoice template, based on
>> fancy-invoice.scm, for a while.
>>
>> When I recently upgraded to Gnucash 2.0.2 (as a Debian package), I had
>> to change owner-get-address-dep to owner-get-name-and-address-dep, but I
>> still don't get the client's contact name printed on the invoice.
>
> This probably belongs on -devel and not -user..

OK, I'll continue this in -devel.

You should use
> (gnc:owner-get-name-and-address-dep owner) as the API to
> obtain the owner's name and address.

I am using that -- I didn't make that clear.

>> Is there a way to access the client contact name on an invoice?  I can't
>> find one despite much Googling.
>
> Of course..  All the other invoices do it :)  Perhaps you're not
> pulling off the invoice's owner?

They don't seem to -- the standard 'fancy invoice' in GC2.0.2 doesn't
display the client contact name from the billing address.  It did in
1.8.10.  For example, if the Edit Customer window looks like this:

     Identifcation
      Customer Number: 000123
      Company Name:    Bloggs and Co
     Billing Address
      Name:            Mr Fred Bloggs
      Address:         1 The Street
	              The Town
                       etc.

the invoice only shows this:

     Bloggs and Co
     1 The Street
     The Town

without 'Mr Fred Bloggs'.

>> The other problem that I've just noticed is an invoice where the payment
>> is added to the balance instead of subtracted:
(That problem seems to have gone away now -- maybe it was a particular
invoice that it occurred with).
>><snip>

But the other issue is the fonts used on the final printed invoice (or
on the print preview), which don't match those *displayed* by the Print
Report menu item.  The display uses the sans-serif fonts selected in my
Gnome configuration, but the invoice (all invoices, not just my
customised ones) prints with a serif font.

regards

Chris
Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis at btinternet.com
Fordingbridge, Hampshire, UK