Slow Graph Generation

John Bafford dshadow@zort.net
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 20:09:24 -0400

Hi,

I recently upgraded to GnuCash 1.6.1, and except for one problem,
it's a nice improvment on 1.4.x.

Whenever I have it generate graphs, it always takes at least a
minute. Neither gnucash or any of the processes it spawns to draw the
charts are using much CPU time; an strace shows that gnucash opens
/dev/random, reads four bytes, closes it, and then does time(),
getpid(), getppid(), and time() again, until it eventually draws the
graph. The other processes are usually either doing a wait() or a
pause().

Is this a known bug, or is there something bad about my setup that I can fix?

Thanks,

-John
--
John Bafford