Importing self-made formats

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 15:39:20 -0600

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 09:44:32PM +0100, lmb was heard to remark:

> Hrm, what is the issue here?

Basically, I don't know to launch the perl interpreter from inside a
running copy of gnucash.  And even if I did, there would be other
interop questions: I'd need to hand off some already-initialized
pointers to perl (such as the already-open file, etc).  Guile is clear
on these issues, but I've never seen perl docs that were.

basically, the guile interpreter library defines a C api for
creating/setting/destroying structures in scheme; I'd need the same
thing in perl.

> Could it be made to work? (Like gimp's script-fu
> thingy; I thought that also supported Perl)

Its just software ... anything can be made to work.

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>