Love Gnucash -- A few questions though . .

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 19 11:58:58 EDT 2004

Hi,

David Frascone <dave at frascone.com> writes:

> 2)  I read through the archives a bit, and I would also like to automate
>     the download of my QFX/OFX files.  But, there is an embedded login
>     screen.  What should I use?  I've heard good things about curl, but
>     that seems more of a tool than a language.  I guess perl, my old
>     standby, would be best?  I'd need to login, maintain cookies, and
>     navagate through a few pages, setting proper form variables.

There's a python script that someone wrote to help download OFX files.
I think there's a pointer in the FAQ.  If not, there should be ;)

> 3)  Does SQL work with packaged gnucash?  I use Suse 9.0, and just used
>     the built in gnucash . . . will it let me transfer my info to sql,
>     and, if so, can I use mysql instead of progressql?

SQL only somewhat works... Many of the new-in-1.8 features (in
particular SXes and Business Features) are not supported and will
crash your system if you use the SQL backend.  And no, you cannot use
mysql, only postgres.

We're working on improved SQL support for a future release.