Love Gnucash -- A few questions though . .

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Thu Aug 19 12:30:48 EDT 2004

On Thursday, 19 Aug 2004, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> David Frascone <dave at frascone.com> writes:
>
> > 2)  I read through the archives a bit, and I would also like to automate
> >     the download of my QFX/OFX files.  But, there is an embedded login
> >     screen.  What should I use?  I've heard good things about curl, but
> >     that seems more of a tool than a language.  I guess perl, my old
> >     standby, would be best?  I'd need to login, maintain cookies, and
> >     navagate through a few pages, setting proper form variables.
>
> There's a python script that someone wrote to help download OFX files.
> I think there's a pointer in the FAQ.  If not, there should be ;)

I looked briefly at this, but it looked like it was for using the direct
connect OFX functionality.  Did I misread?  Was the script designed to
populate fields in a non-standard screen to download an OFX file?

My bank uses netteller, which *really* sucks . . .

I'll look into python for doing the web grab.

-Dave

--
David Frascone

     Confucius say: Man who run behind truck get exhausted.