Feeding the Cash in Wallet Account from the ATM Account

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 19 15:07:25 EDT 2004

Thanks everyone for the advice on Cash in Wallet account. I had previously set
up an ATM Withdrawals account and recorded those transactions year-to-date.
Kind of a way to see what cash is just drifting away.

I started recording all cash transactions since the start of the month, using
a paper register. I figured I'd record  it in GnuCash as well. I'll leave my
wife's stuff as simple ATM Withdrawals expense black-hole. I'll mess with
doing a checking account to cash in wallet transfer for me.

This is a pretty cool product! I've recorded all checks going to credit cards
in an expense account. I recorded all my personal card and joint card
transactions - and discovered a fairly large gap. That went to my wife's
personal cards (not saying how much). The same trick might work on ATM
withdrawals as well. Dang, spouses can be expensive ;-)