Tracking business expenses from personal account

E Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Sat Feb 19 19:24:14 EST 2005

On Wednesday 16 February 2005 20:31, Mike wrote:
> --- Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:
> > This is what the "Employee Expense Voucher" is for.  When you use your
> > own personal funds to buy something for the company you can fill out
> > the voucher and it gets applied to A/Payable (A Liability account).
> > This way you can keep track of how much you owe yourself using the
> > aging reports.

I experimented with this, but this won't leave a legally correct trail in my
books for the tax.
The account belongs to the company , and i pay it by credit card.
when the tax amount appears in the company books with the employee expense
voucher system it has my name against the amount in the tax account. Now, I
personally am not registered for tax, the company is, and the tax wasn't paid
to me, it was paid to the supplier, whose name is on the invoice, and whose
name has to appear in the company accounts.
Any more ideas?
Liz

--
serendipity, n.:
 The process by which human knowledge is advanced.