Tax report message - duplicate TXF codes assigned

Roy Binder roybinder at cox.net
Sat Feb 26 09:56:45 EST 2005

David V Herman <dvherman <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Now I'm starting my taxes - when I run the tax report I receive this
> message.
>
> "WARNING: There are duplicate TXF codes assigned to some accounts. Only
> TXF codes with payer sources may be repeated.
>
> Code "N484" has duplicates in 4 accounts:
>
> Expenses:Medical:Dental
>
> Expenses:Medical:Doctor
>
> Expenses:Medical:Medicine
>
> Expenses:Medical:Tests "
>
> What have I done incorrectly ans most importantly how do I repair it?
>
> Thanks
> Dave

you probaly are trying to add more that one expense to a txf category

you've probably found: edit-tax options
go there and try:

click Expenses: Medical
should have: tax related checked and below select the txf you want the total on
click Expenses: Medical:Dental
should have: tax related checked - ***do not select a txf category***
click Expenses: Medical:Doctor
should have: tax related checked - ***do not select a txf category***
click Expenses: Medical:Medicine
should have: tax related checked - ***do not select a txf category***
etc.