Applying Scheduled Payment Kills Program

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Wed Jan 25 12:03:57 EST 2006

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 08:08:41PM -0600, Gregg Fowler wrote:

| I set up a payment schedule for all of my bills in the
| Scheduler. It came time to pay a bill and I can click on the particular
| bill and go next and it shows the amount. When I go forward again
| however, the action kills the program immediately and it dissappears
| from the screen.

I experienced consistent crashes with GnuCash when applying a
scheduled transaction.  In my case I added a split to my salary
transaction to record the automatic 401k deposit.  The XA editor,
however, doesn't handle the quantity and unit price aspects of a stock
account.  I avoid this issue by leaving the XA unbalanced and manually
adding the split for the 401k contribution after creating the
transaction.

-D

--
A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in.
  --Kim Alm, a.s.r

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org