Installing finance::quote

Jerry Criswell criswel at mchsi.com
Tue Jun 20 15:04:51 EDT 2006

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 00:10:56 -0400, David Hampton wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 15:19 -0500, Jerry Criswell wrote:

...snip...

>> I believe I
>> have it set up to go to Yahoo for quotes.  When I press "Get Quotes", an
>> error box pops up saying "Unable to retrieve quotes for these items:
>> FUND:(fund name).
>
> That says that gnucash was successful in querying FInance::Quote for the
> fund, but there was no information returned.  Does Yahoo know about your
> fund?  Go to http://finance.yahoo.com and use the Symbol Lookup facility
> there.  You'll need to enter the exact symbol returned into gnucash,
> including any one or two letter extensions.  If the lookup on that
> website fails, you'll need to find another source for your fund quotes.
>
> David

The Yahoo web site _does_ know about my mutual fund.  I tried all the
other american vendors but a price was never returned.  Your reply says I
need to enter the exact symbol.  I am not allowed to do that anywhere.
The drop down windows only allow me to select by fund name not symbol.
The symbol is IAALX and the name is IDEX Asset Allocation Growth.  Can you
get a return through the price editor?

JC