Problems with custom invoice

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 20 10:38:38 EST 2006

Hi,

Chris Dennis <cgdennis at btinternet.com> writes:

> Hello folks
>
> I've been successfully using a customised invoice template, based on
> fancy-invoice.scm, for a while.
>
> When I recently upgraded to Gnucash 2.0.2 (as a Debian package), I had
> to change owner-get-address-dep to owner-get-name-and-address-dep, but I
> still don't get the client's contact name printed on the invoice.

This probably belongs on -devel and not -user..   You should use
(gnc:owner-get-name-and-address-dep owner) as the API to
obtain the owner's name and address.

> Is there a way to access the client contact name on an invoice?  I can't
> find one despite much Googling.

Of course..  All the other invoices do it :)  Perhaps you're not
pulling off the invoice's owner?

> The other problem that I've just noticed is an invoice where the payment
> is added to the balance instead of subtracted:
>
>    Date          Description     Quantity     Unit Price    Total
>    15/11/2006    P4 Bracket	2.00	     £4.245	   £8.49
>    Subtotal 	                                           £8.49
>    15/11/2006    Payment, thank you                         £8.49
>    Amount Due                                              £16.98
>
> Does this require a tweak to the invoice, or a change to a setting in
> Gnucash?

Is this a Customer Invoice or a Vendor Bill?  There is a comment
in the code:

             ;; XXX Need to know when to reverse the value

Which is probably what you're hitting...