Widen "transfer" column, in basic ledger

Carl G. Ponder cponder at austin.ibm.com
Thu Nov 30 10:43:52 EST 2006

In my basic checkbook ledger, I want to widen the "transfer"
field and narrow the "description" field, which is way too
wide. I can grab the edge of the column and pull it, but it
jumps back when I let go.

Evidently I can make the "transfer" field wider by taking
space from the deposit/withdrawl/balance fields, but they
don't have any space left over. I can also widen my "num"
(check number) field by taking space from the "description"
field.

None of this makes any sense. I can only resize the fields
that don't need it. Is there some entry in some config file
that I need to edit? I haven't found any documentation on
this.

I'm using GnuCash 2.0.1 on RHEL 4 Linux.
Thanks,

	Carl