Strange behavior in advanced portfolio report

Sébastien Monnet sebastien.monnet at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 05:58:37 EST 2007

Hi,

Every month, I like to compute the gain (or loss) of my stocks (to
add a unrealized gain). As I have some funds for which the quote is
one or two days late was I do is the following:
I use the portfolio report at the begining of next month, once I've
make sure that I've got all the quotes for the last month (for
instance today for the month of January), I use cron to get the
quotes automatically everyday.

I'm confused because:
if I set the date of the report (advanced portfolio) to "end of
previous month", the report takes into account quotes of today
(02/02/2007), so I entered manualy "31/01/2007" and it took into
account quotes of 01/02/2007...
So, to have what I want (i.e. the state of my portfolio at the end of
the last day of the previous month) I have to set 30/01/2007 !! (the
quotes taken into account are those of the 31/01/2007).

Am I doing something wrong (thinking of my configuration) or is this
a bug (found lots of things in bugzila about advanced portfolio but
nothing related to this)?

Thanks !
-seb