2.0.4 crash

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 07:59:14 EST 2007

I spent some time trying to get gnucash 2.0.4, guile, and g-wrap built,
failed,  and finally reached the conclusion that when the gentoo folks mark
packages "testing" and mask them for that reason, there probably is a good
reason. I've been aggressive for some time about gnucash versions, unmasking
versions still marked "testing", and have gotten away with it. I think it
finally bit me. So, I undid all that, rebuilt the "stable" gnucash,
2.0.1and associated libraries and, of course, that built without
incident. I then
retried the sequence of operations that crashed gnucash on Saturday, and
that also worked without incident. So, either

a. I didn't reproduce the problem sequence perfectly this morning
b. The crash was due to a bug introduced since 2.0.1
c. The crash was due to version mis-match issues between 2.0.4 and the
libraries that the gentoo folks are still trying to untangle and which is
why 2.0.4 is still marked "testing". I'm guessing this is the answer, in
which case my apologies for polluting this forum with a non-problem.

/Don